1001 Nights Project – RDPP
Date: 01- June-2020.
- Background Information
The European Regional Development and Protection Program (RDPP) was launched in 2014 as a multi-donor European initiative combining humanitarian and development funds to support Lebanon. Its strategic objective is to ensure vulnerable communities access their rights, are safe, self-reliant.
Following phase I of the program which was implemented through 45 strategic and innovative partnerships in the region, a second phase of the RDPP has been initiated to run from October 2018 until December 2021. RDPP phase II is supported by the Czech Republic, Denmark, the European Union, Ireland and Switzerland.
The 1001 Nights life skills and Civic Education Program, developed by Big Bad Boo Studio, is a multi- platform educational entertainment program that uses cartoon to teach 7-12-year old children life skill and civic values, including non-violence, inclusion, human rights, democracy, gender equality and the rule of law, in formal and informal learning environments. It’s also used to provide children in conflict with PSS, to promote social cohesion in vulnerable communities and to build resilience amongst vulnerable children as a tool to prevent violent extremism.
- Purpose of the Employment
The role of a program Manager is to act as coordinator for an organization’s projects.
The Program Manager supervise and organize activities and ensure that project goals align with the organization’s objectives.
- Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Managing staff and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the 1001 Nights project related to the management and implementation of the Project, including procurement, project monitoring and evaluation, progress reporting, leading staff of the 1001 Nights project.
- Overall supervision of project activities and arrange for public consultations as required.
- Participate and represent the organization in meetings.
- Draft Terms of References and management of local and foreign consultants, monitoring progress on deliverables under those contracts and providing feedback as necessary, and coordination of the work of the consultants consistent with the overall project implementation plan.
- Undertake external high-level communication.
- Prepare, or as appropriate supervise the preparation of, progress reports, annual reports, project completion report and other reports that may be required by the stakeholders.
- Prepare, or as appropriate supervise the preparation of, annual work plans and budgets.
- Supervise staff in the performance of their respective duties and ensure the efficient functioning of the unit and ensure that clear working arrangements are established for collaborating with financial, accounting and procurement matters.
- Participate in building and implementing the detailed concept and approaches as part of the overall framework and methodology of 1001 Nights project.
- Lead the development of work plans, workshops and periodical work sessions and meetings for the team members of the project to clarify the project’s objective and methodology.
- Identify implementation arrangements and needed resources to implement the project and ensure proper management of funds, including accounting, financial control and audit procedures acceptable to the policies as well as the procurement of goods, works and services in accordance with the Community Organization for Development and Empowerment guidelines including submission of annual financial audit to the RDPP.
- The Project Manager will report directly to the General Director, which will facilitate resolution of any internal delays to implementation.
- Reporting and Deliverables
The Program Manager is obliged to come up with:
From 1st of June 2020 to 31 of May 2020.
- Conditions and Management
The contracts for the international and local Staff are made by the Community Organization for Development and Empowerment according to its rules and regulations. The Program Manager will report to the General Director of the Community Organization for Development and Empowerment.
Program Manager should maintain a work diary and comply with all other TCODE regulations. The Organization management retains the right to suspend payment on non-compliance of terms or in the event of poor-quality work. These decisions will not be taken arbitrarily but in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.