INITIATE Is a non-governmental, non-political, and non-profit organization that aims at working with communities in Lebanon. Furthermore, we aim to create an environment in which women and youth live in dignity and develop joint acting platforms among communities in Lebanon.
Initiate is looking to hire five field coordinators as part of 1001 nights project funded by the Regional Development and Protection Program. The coordinators will cover Bekaa (1), Beirut (1), Saida (1), North (1), and Tyre (1).
- Support in the identification of partner organizations in the target area and in the outreach.
- Build a strong relationship with local partners and youth target groups and represent the project before the partners when required
- Act as focal point for partners and all partner NGOs, as well as other relevant stakeholders and municipalities;
- Support implementation of the project and assist in all necessary logistics, oversee and manage all field activities including placement, workshops, trainings, events, etc.
- Conduct regular visits to partner NGOs, Safe Spaces, or Public and Semi Public schools
- Monitor the implementation and progress in the field and ensure that activities implemented are in line with approved plans and agreed indicators
- Manage and coordinate local and field visits for project manager or any concerned parties;
- Coordinate meetings with different stakeholders (school authorities, students, parents and communities representatives, NGOs, representatives and any other relevant stakeholders)
- Establish and maintain networks with existing community structures and regional partners for referral and networking purposes
- Assess ongoing needs for capacity building among education staff, partners, teaching staff (beneficiaries) and discuss actions with PM in a timely manner
- Collect data, compile and update information in the field and prepare minutes of meetings and progress reports as requested
- Prepare/Contribute to monthly, quarterly, and Annual reports
- Any other task relevant to the position and agreed upon with the Education PM.
- EDUCATION DEGREE: Bachelor Degree
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience
- English language is a plus
- Good knowledge of the area he/she is applying to
- Good connections and knowledge of the key stakeholders of the area he/she is applying to